NiTeK as the name suggests, stands for Nigel Technical. NiTeK originally started trading as a business to allow Nigel to have an ABN to give to clients. Slowly over time NiTeK grew to a point where it became time for it to stand on its own. Thus, on the 9th November 2005 NiTeK Pty Ltd was launched.
Nigel Parker is the Managing Director of NiTeK Pty Ltd. He has worked for the past 22 years in the Technical/IT Industry in the Ballarat area. Originally starting his career with Win Television, where he was in a purely technical role. After a couple of years an interest developed more in computers and networks, which lead to a full-time return to University to complete a Bachelor of Computing.
During the completion of his University Degree, Nigel changed employment to McCain Foods (Aust) Pty Ltd to work in their IT Department. During this time, he was responsible for computers and networks within the Asia Pacific Region. While still working for McCain Nigel was doing jobs for other clients after hours and on weekends, which then lead to the creation of NiTeK and thus the rest is history.
- Bachelor Of Computing (Ballarat University Completed 2001)
- Microsoft course 2152 implementing Ms Windows 2000 Professional & Server
- IBM AS400 system operator workshop
- Citrix MetaFrame XP of windows Administration with feature release
- Certified Novell Administrator
- Associate Diploma In Engineering Computer Systems
- A certificate in Basic Electronics
- Base Cabling License (Old Austel). Licensed with Tittab Australia
- Category 5 & Coaxial cabling endorsement
- Workskills regional and national place winner
- Victorian Heavy Rigid Truck license
- OH&S Red Card
- Security Endorsement
- Optical Fibre